Saturday, August 18, 2012

Busy

I've been using the word "busy" to describe my life probably for the last 10 years. It's kind of funny how every stage of life brings a whole new meaning to being "busy". The past couple months have been particularly chaotic, and it is funny to think that in the future I'm probably going to look back and laugh to think I thought I was busy now when it's just the two of us.

So what has been keeping me busy? Well, I started a new job a little over a month ago, and have been working a bit more than I was expecting. I guess that is a good thing though. I'm just really thankful that I don't have to work Sundays.

When I'm not working, I am preparing lessons since I was recently called to be... a seminary teacher! I was definitely surprised, but I feel so lucky blessed and humbled to get to teach (and by taught by) my awesome students. It's a lot of responsibility, sometimes it can be stressful, and when I often don't get home from work until 7:30pm, it's not easy to get lesson planning in. It's so worth it though and I am so thankful for this opportunity. I couldn't ask for a better calling. I am really going to miss my primary class though. :(

My job and my calling are the two main things that take up my time, but of course there are a thousand other things that keep me busy when I'm not working or preparing a lesson. But you know what? I like it. It's much better than before when I just stayed home and vegged out all day while Dallin was at work. I cooked and cleaned a lot more then... but it is nice to have places to be and things to do, even if I get overwhelmed sometimes.


1 comment:

  1. You are busy! I don't know how you do it! But it definitely does feel a lot better to be busy than to veg around all day.

    ReplyDelete