Monday, October 14, 2013

Seminary, sleep, and a haiku

Fall break is officially over (*insert dramatic sigh here*). It has been glorious. I slept in until 7 or 7:30 every morning and enjoyed it thoroughly. 

In fact, maybe I enjoyed it a little too much because I think I died a little inside when I turned my seminary alarms (yes, plural) back on this afternoon. 5:45 isn't that early, right? I can do this, right? I'm not going to be a grumpy mess from Hades in the morning, right? 

Ah, hopefully those things are all true. We shall see.


To summarize my feelings, I wrote a haiku. Please enjoy.

How I Feel About Waking Up & 
Putting On a Bra at 6:00am

No no no no no
No no no no no no no
No no no no no

Good thing I love my students so much, eh? Even though this waking up early thing has become much more difficult now that I'm pregnant, I'm happy to do it, I promise. I might whine about it, but I love it. It is challenging but rewarding, and I know I will miss it, even if that is hard to remember at zero dark thirty when all I want is sleep. Wish me luck... I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment