Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stalkers vs. Stockers

Random story of the day: A couple of years ago, I was shoppin' away at Target. I think my mom sent me to pick up some things since it is a lot easier for me to make a quick trip to the store than it is for her since she comes with a herd of wild animals children.

(Just kidding... they really are pretty well-behaved kiddos :P)
I was trying to find a lip to fit the rubbermaid container I wanted when this guy (who didn't appear to be an employee) came up to me and asked if I needed help finding anything. He was acting weird and attempting to be flirty, which is probably why I didn't understand the next thing he said at first.

Here's what I heard:

"I'm a stalker."



What he actually said:

"I'm a stocker."


Thankfully, he clarified his meaning when he saw the confused look on my face.

"I'm a stocker... I stock the shelves. It's my day off."

That makes much more sense, wouldn't you say? I love English...

No comments:

Post a Comment