Monday, April 30, 2012

Be an Optimist Prime, not a Negatron

This weekend we went and did a couple of canyons. The water was cold, but it was awesome! Plus, I can now say I've done a 180 foot rappel... the highest one I have done so far. Here's a few pictures.


Yes, that is SNOW. 
Dallin pulling out some ninja moves to stay out of the water

The big 180 footer! Those are trees at the bottom, not bushes... haha
Here I go! :) 
Once I had the chance I took a couple pictures to try to capture how high I was. I was almost halfway down at this point, but the ground is still pretty dang far away! That is Dallin way down there. 
Take 2... a little better focused on the ground. It was really hard to take pictures with my left hand especially with thick gloves on... 
Here I come! :) 





I like this guy. :)
We also made pizza margherita this weekend, which is THE best pizza ever, in my opinion. It tastes so fresh and I just love it. It's my favorite for sure. The sauce is made with fresh tomatoes, salt, and a little olive oil, and it is topped with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil. SO GOOD.

My mouth is watering just looking at this...
Yesterday was such a good Sunday. We spoke in the Spanish branch (That's what I get for marrying someone who went to Spain on his mission :P) which was fun. I liked hearing Dallin speak in Spanish, even if I didn't understand all of it. ;) My primary lesson went well too, and that always makes me happy since it is hard to have a good lesson sometimes with squirmy 9-year-old boys! The rest of the day was really nice as well. Sunday is my favorite day of the week by far. :)

I also indexed for the first time yesterday. I've been meaning to do it for a really long time (like... years, unfortunately), but just never begun. If you don't know what I am talking about, you can go here to learn more and maybe start doing it yourself! Basically, you just type up family history information from scans of genealogical documents so that there is a digital, searchable copy. Right now the focus is on the 1940 census that was recently released. It is really easy to do, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit more than I was expecting, to be honest! :) It is cool to think about the people whose names and information I am indexing and wonder about what they were like and the kind of lives they lived.


Seriously though, if you have been thinking about indexing but haven't started yet, I highly recommend it! I wish I had started a long time ago. It's a very easy way to do something very worthwhile.

And... this is completely unrelated, I just think it is awesome and it makes me happy. :)

Are you an Optimist Prime, or a Negatron? :)
Have a happy day! :)

-M


No comments:

Post a Comment