Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Two months down...

...an eternity to go! :)

Time is an interesting thing. On one hand, it is crazy to think it has already been two months since we got married. On the other hand, it seems like it has been so much longer than that.

Either way, the past two months have been so good. :) I knew I was going to be really happy, and that I was getting an incredible man, but it just gets better as time goes by. I still don't know how I got so lucky.

He makes me happy. :)

In other news, we went canyoneering this past weekend with some friends. We did two canyons (Salome and Parker Creek) and were very, very tired by the time we finally got home. It took a bit longer than we anticipated. Totally worth it though! They are both incredible canyons.

These pictures are from Salome.

Can you tell we were all kind of having a hard time keeping our balance? 

We love waterslides!

That's me going down this one. :)


"Honey, where's mah supah-suit?"

Another waterslide... wahoo! 

This was one of my favorite parts. And no, not entirely because Dallin was there.  ;)

Swimming out


The rest of the pictures are from Parker Creek Canyon.

The beginning of some sweet narrows

Even more waterslides!

There were a few rappels. This one was pretty short. 

A 50-footer

Another shot of the 50-footer

The 80-footer. Can you see me? :)

Climbing (literally) out of a drainage to get to the car

The view of the canyon we were in with Roosevelt Lake in the background

This world is a pretty amazing place, isn't it? While we were doing this canyons, I kept thinking about how beautiful and varied the earth is, and how thankful I am to be physically capable to do things like this that enable me to enjoy God's creations in this way. It makes it even better to get to do it with my partner in crime. :)

1 comment: