Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Awkward and awesome

Awkward:
  • I had a major foot-in-mouth moment teaching seminary on Friday, by far the worst I've had so far (and that is saying something, folks, lemme tell ya!). Seriously guys, it was bad. I was talking about how men and women have different responsibilities in marriage and that you need both to make a good team, and somehow the words "you need the male parts in a marriage" came out of my mouth. I definitely should have replaced "parts" with something like "roles" or "responsibilities" or really anything  else, anything at all. Yep, that happened. I then proceeded to turn as red as my hair and burst into a fit of uncontrollable nervous laughter, which is unfortunately my awkward reaction to all awkwardness. Sometimes I even impress myself with my ability to be unintentionally inappropriate. 
I feel ya, Bill. I feel ya.
  • Warmer weather means open windows, and unfortunately that means that suddenly we have a very intimate relationship with our neighbors, whether they know it or not. Last night we both laid in bed for what felt like hours listening to a barrage of loud, violent, hiccuping from the man next door. It was gross. The most awkward part is that hiccups are definitely not the worst sounds that have floated through our windows... but let's move on. 
  • We are leaving on our big trip in a couple days and I haven't started packing. That's not bad, right? (Wrong!)
  • I've been babysitting two cute little girlies twice a week for a couple months, and I thought it was going really well until I picked them up yesterday and the older one said, "This is the best day ever! You know why?" I obligingly asked why and she replied, "Because this is the last time you're going to babysit me!" She later told me that she meant to say it was the worst day ever... I sincerely hope that is true! ;)
Awesome:
  • I love how this thrift store refashion turned out! Well worth the $1.50, don't you think?
 

  • Seminary ended yesterday so I got to sleep in (which for me means getting up at 7:30) and it felt lovely. As much as I love teaching seminary, it will be nice to not have to put on a Sunday clothes at 6:ooam five days a week. Very nice indeed. Also, the church came out with a new seminary curriculum starting this coming semester that I am SO excited about! 
  • I made this creamy bacon carbonara that I found on Pinterest and it is positively scrumptious! Seriously, it is only Wednesday and I've already made it twice.
Find the recipe here
  • I found some awesome apps for our Spain trip that I'm really excited about! It will make our trip so much easier and enjoyable. When we get back I'm going to try to do a post about good apps to use when travelling, especially abroad, because there is a lot more you can do with your phone without getting a global service plan than most people know. Working at Verizon taught me a lot besides how much I hat being a salesperson I s'pose! (Also I might be more of a tech nerd than I'd like to admit.
  • My 18-month-old baby sister has started to ask my brother to facetime me, and it just makes my little heart melt to see her grinning face on my iPhone. (It also makes me exceedingly baby hungry... think maybe it's my mom that is putting her up to it? :P)
  • This. Cracks me up every single time.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm I love that you teach seminary, I love that shirt from the thrift store, and I love Bill Cosby. Amen.

    ReplyDelete