Anyway, on a more goofy note, here are a few things being pregnant has taught me so far:
- If the baby wants pumpkin cookies, you make pumpkin cookies. The end. (Here's the recipe I used. The only change I made was using cream cheese frosting instead.)
|Butter, cream cheese, and pumpkin = magic|
- Also, if the baby wants Taco Bell, remind it that no matter how good it sounds at the time you will regret it later, I promise.
- Do not sneeze while walking, especially when you are in Walmart and have been staying remarkably well hydrated. Need I say more? ;)
- Naps are a beautiful thing. Truly beautiful. Also, it's a good idea to take one (or at least rest for a solid hour+) every day to save your poor, yet eternally patient, husband from having to put up with an extremely cranky wife.
- Speaking of avoiding being a cranky wife, keep that belly full of food, woman! (Food, not cookies/Reese's/ice cream/kettle corn/slushies/etc.)
- On a related note, take advantage of being pregnant as an excuse for your purse full of snacks at church. (And everywhere else you go, if we're being real here.)
- Don't even bother buttoning your pants, girl, you know it ain't staying like that for long. Also, all hail yoga pants!
- Old wive's tales are serious bizness to some people. Serious bizness, I tell you! Don't laugh. (Until you get home and tell your husband)
- No matter how long you put it off, the dishes aren't going to wash themselves. Just do it, you lazy bum. ;)
And on that note, I am going to take my own advice and tackle the disaster area that is my kitchen. Wish me luck... I need it if I'm going to really get myself in gear today! :)