Sunday, May 11, 2014

Feliz Dia de las Madres and all that jazz

So... I started writing a grumpy post about how I felt this Mother's Day, but instead of posting it I think I'll just share the link to this article and focus on happiness instead.

Even though it's easy to feel inadequate and overwhelmed, at least I know I'm doing my best and that no one could love him more than I do. I'm so thankful to be this cute baby's mama, even with the rough days and long nights, and I know he is worth it. I love his little baby body that is gaining new rolls every day, his drooling smiles, and his belly button that reminds me of a cinnamon roll. I love seeing him passed out in a milk coma after I feed him, and hearing his quick little breaths in my ear when I burp him. I love that baby smell, his soft little red hairs, his wide eyes, and how much he reminds me of his daddy.

He is the sweetest little thing and I love him even more than cookies or pizza. That's saying something, folks. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment