Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day

Now that we have Eli, Dallin and I spend our weekends and holidays doing different stuff than usual. In other words, spontaneous road trips and canyoneering adventures don't happen for the time being, at least not for me and Eli. So this Memorial Day, we took a little trip to a nearby creek with Dallin's brother and his wife and son. 


Our little trip reminded me how thankful I am to live in such a beautiful place. 


I love being outside. I'm happiest with dirt under my toes, sky over my head, and trees all around. 


And a pretty little mountain stream makes it even better!


We dipped Eli's toes in, but he wasn't a big fan of the cold creek water. No sir.


But cousin Levi sure didn't share Eli's opinion, as you can see. :)


Although Eli may not have wanted anything to do with the creek, he did enjoy taking a break from his brace, being snuggled by Dallin and me, and chewing on his fists.


Have I mentioned what a cute daddy Dallin is? 


I think Eli likes him too.


It was a really nice, relaxing way to spend the afternoon. I can't wait until Eli and Levi are big enough to play in the creek together. Actually, I can wait. My baby is getting too big already!


Also, I just have to say I'm really thankful to be an American. Even though I may not be particularly happy with everything going on politically, I'm so thankful for the freedoms we have because of the sacrifices others have made to make the life I live possible. I know I take it for granted too often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment