Tuesday, March 5, 2013

DIY Bows {Pin a week 9/52}

I love bows. They add such a simple, girly touch. It's also really handy that they are so easy to make. I've been meaning to make some headbands for my little sister and finally got around to it this week.

Here is the tutorial I used for the bows. I need to practice because mine don't look this good yet! :) I think I am making them a little too wide. I've also seen some no-sew tutorials that I want to try where you just use a hot glue gun instead of sewing.


To make the headbands I just strung the elastic through the center of the bow and then stitched it in place. Check out this post to see where I got my elastic for cheap and what you can do with the leftovers!


I'm pretty sure my sister is going to look a lot cuter (thank goodness). ;)


Just in case you forgot how attractive I am.
I might hate myself someday for putting this one up... 

2 comments:

  1. They turned out so cute! I love your fabric choices and that gray FOE is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such cute colors! I love bows! And you better post pictures of your sister wearing these too!! :)

    ReplyDelete