Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Today I am thankful I am not Lindsay Lohan

This week and I haven't been getting along very well. I've been a little stressed out the past few days and it is all coming to a head tonight. Unfortunately, I am a worrier. I get stressed out too easily and too often. It doesn't make any sense... I mean, it doesn't help anything. It just makes it worse.

Thankfully, since I have so much experience with stressing myself out, I also have figured out what I need to do to be happy and let go. Here's a few of the main things.

  1. Play or listen to music. I am so thankful my in-laws gave us our piano. There is something so soothing about that instrument. I'm not very good, but I can plunk out a few tunes, and I know a handful of hymns that always bring me peace, especially when I sing along. I believe there is great power in music. 
  2. Exercise. Just a quick jog/walk/bike around the block will often be what I need to get out of a funk.
  3. Do something creative. I am a recent convert to the world of sewing and crafting. I didn't always enjoy it that much, probably because I thought I failed at it, but I've been gaining more confidence and ability and whether the things I make are good or not it feels good in the process. :)
  4. Treat yo' self! (Name that reference and we can be friends forever :P) I'm not saying it should be anything big... a little indulgence goes a long way. 
  5. Do something for someone else. If I can get my mind off of myself and onto someone else then I am always much happier. It's a win-win since I make someone else happy too!
  6. Cry it out. Tears can be healing, at least for me. When I'm really having a rough time sometimes this has to happen before I can collect myself and put on my big girl panties. ;) Thankfully this doesn't happen often because I think I might be the world's ugliest crier... it's gross. 
At least my whole life isn't a big, public mess, no? 


Things like this help too. See how much worse life could get? 

You're welcome. 

Don't you hate it when you discover you have superpowers at the worst possible moment?
This is something that would happen to me.
Dang gravity, always messing things up.

Have I mentioned how much I love flats?

Again, there goes stupid gravity. 
My personal favorite... hahahahaha!!!

What do you do to get out of a funk?

2 comments:

  1. Everyday I thank God I'm not Kim Kardashian...or any Kardashian. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are uh-mazing. My ankles feel sympathetic pain for that wobbly model!

    ReplyDelete