Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Favorite iPhone Apps: Photo Edition

(Read about my "can't-live-without" iPhone apps here)

One of my favorite things about my iPhone is having a decent camera on me all the time. Like I've said before, I am an avid picture-taker. It's a little bit of an obsession, to be honest. 

Here's the photo apps I use the most. 



I already talked about this one in my last iPhone review post, but this is the app I usually use to share my pictures as well as do some light editing with the filters. Way better than Facebook, although I do share quite a few pictures on there as well. 
(Click here to follow me on Instagram)

Pros:
Easy to use
Some of the filters are fun
Good privacy settings

Cons:
It cuts pictures into squares. Sometimes that works, but if it doesn't I use Whitagram (keep reading to learn more about it)
Some of the filters really diminish the quality of your picture. It's a minor flaw that doesn't bother me too much



This app allows you to use landscape and portrait photos on Instagram if you don't want it cropped into a square. I use it a lot.

Pros:
Free with no ads!
Simple and easy

Cons:
None that I have found




This app is great for making collages for Instagram. There's some cute borders and such too, although I usually leave mine pretty simple. 

Pros:
Lots of layouts and ways to customize 

Cons:
It only makes square collages since it is meant to be used with Instagram
If you choose to just open it in Instagram instead of saving it to your camera roll, it won't save a copy of your collage on your phone. Just remember to take the 3 seconds to save it and you'll be good. :)


Snapseed

This is the best app I have found for editing pictures, and I've tried a few! The filters it comes with aren't really my thing, but the general touch-up actions when it comes to lighting and coloring are really good and don't diminish the quality of your pictures. I really like this one.

Pros:
Versatile
Doesn't leave my pictures grainy or cloudy
Once you figure out how it works (which doesn't take too long), it is really simple to use.

Cons:
It cost $5... that's definitely the most I've paid for an app. I think it is worth it.



I don't use this one as often, but I still thought it was worth mentioning. There's some nice filters I like to use, and I especially like that there are several options when it comes to B&W filters. 

Pros:
It's nice to have some different filters than the ones on Instagram
Multiple B&W filter options

Cons:
There's a few extra steps to upload your picture that I think are unnecessary. First world problems... I know. ;)


Well, there you have it. If you have any suggestions of photo apps for me to try out, let me know! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the Afterlight app for editing too. It's how I get fun shapes like circles and octagons. I also really like Fuzel for collages. I haven't done it yet, but you can upgrade from the free one to get some really unique-looking ones, like a honeycomb pattern. Phonto is a great app for adding text, too. I'd never heard of Whitagram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about other people's favorite apps because there always seem to be a few that I have never heard of! Heading to the App Store now! Haha. Like Kylie, I like Afterlight for using some fun shapes. And I use PicFrame to make collages and then Phonto and Labelbox to add labels and words. I don't use them often but they're fun ones to have anyway!

    ReplyDelete