Friday, March 15, 2013

Twist and flip updo {Pin a Week 11/52}

I really got lucky in the hair department. For some reason, the gods blessed me with straight, smooth, red hair that is extraordinarily low maintenance. Unfortunately, I am hair stupid. Rarely do I do anything with my hair besides leaving it down or pulling it into a ponytail or messy bun. And when I say "messy bun" I don't mean the cute kind... I mean the it-looks-like-I-recently-walked-through-a-car-wash messy bun. I've been trying to remedy this. It's not going to so well. So far the only thing I've mastered is the sock bun, but I'm usually too lazy even for this, especially when I'm teaching early-morning seminary and would much rather spend an extra 5 minutes in bed than do something with my hairs.

Anyway. Today I spent longer than I care to admit trying to replicate this hair-do. Looks easy, right? 


Well, I failed. Maybe my hair is too long, or maybe I just need a lot more practice, or maybe a little of both. Either way, here's what happened to me. :) 

(P.S. Excuse the bad pictures... I found that it is rather difficult to take pictures of the back of one's head. Plus, I was just using my iPhone instead of busting out my real camera.)


Take one... Nailed it! Hahaha! :)

When we're rich someday we're getting a new shower. It's happening.

Take two. A little better.


Take three. This is a good as it was going to get today. A little messier than I intended. 


Don't let the flower fool you... it is mostly to cover up some loops of hair I could not straighten out. :)

Bottom line: It ended up cute enough to go out in public, but I didn't like it enough to even leave it in. Also, it didn't feel very secure and since I'm not good at holding still that wouldn't work for me.

Well, there you have it. Anyone have any tips? I need help!

P.S Although this whole thing was kind of a failure, it did help me discover that I've got some blonde streaks at the nape of my neck, and I mean BLONDE. This picture doesn't do it justice. Who knew?? I wonder how long it has been that way... haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment