Sunday, February 16, 2014

40 Weeks

Well, today is the day. February 16 is here at last, the date I've been looking forward and counting down to since I found out I was pregnant. I'm 40 weeks pregnant today... and very much ready to have this baby. 

Unfortunately it seems that he isn't quite ready to make his grand appearance just yet. Little stinker.


I'm trying to be patient. I want him to come when he is good and ready. At the same time, I am becoming a little antsy. I hope he decides to come soon since I would really like to avoid being induced if possible. Pregnancy really has been much more enjoyable and easy than I was expecting, but after 40 weeks I think I'm ready to not be pregnant any more, you know what I mean? It's time this baby got evicted from his entirely-too-comfortable (for him) abode. At least I know he will for sure be here within a week since my doctor doesn't want me to go over 41 weeks. I'm also grateful I didn't get to the "enough-of-this-pregnancy-bizness-get-this-baby-outta-here" stage until this past week. Very grateful indeed.


It's weird to see these two pictures side-by-side... the beginning and the end. It seems like that first picture was taken ages ago. I can barely remember what it was like to not be pregnant. It's going to be weird to not have a little alien swimming around in my belly anymore. I'm going to miss it, I'm sure. 

See you soon, baby boy! 

1 comment:

  1. i loved seeing this side by side. you are such a gorgeous pregnant gal that's for sure! sounds like you had a great pregnancy overall!

    ReplyDelete